The proposed widening of I-85 in Spartanburg and Cherokee counties from Gossett Road (Exit 80) to north of Shelby Highway (Exit 96). This project will include interchange improvements at Exits 83 (Battleground Road), 87 (Green River Road), 95 (Pleasant School Road), and 96 (Shelby Road).
Update (Nov 2014):
Update (March 2015):
- There will be two public meetings held:
- Tuesday March 24, from 5:00 - 7:00 pm at Gaffney High School located at 149 Twin Lake Road, Gaffney, SC
- Thursday, March 26, from 5:00 - 7:00 pm at Cowpens Middle School located at 150 Foster Street, Cowpens, SC
Update (Nov 2015):
- A public hearing concerning the proposed widening of a portion of I-85 in Cherokee and Spartanburg counties will take place on Tuesday, December 1, from 5:00 - 7:00 pm at Gaffney High School. There will be a brief, formal presentation starting at 6:00 pm in the auditorium.
Update (Jan 2016):
- To view the Public Information from the Dec 1 meeting, visit the SCDOT website and click on the Proposed Widening of I-85 from Gossett Rd to north of Shelby Hwy Including Interchange Improvements at Battleground Rd, Green River Rd, Pleasant School Rd & Shelby Rd.
Update (Jan 2017):
- SCDOT will hold a Public Meeting Thursday, January 12, 2017 from 5:00pm - 7:00pm at the Oakland Elementary School Cafeteria (151 Mud Creek Rd, Inman) to focus on the segment of I-85 in Spartanburg County. People can drop in, see displays, get informational handouts and share comments with DOT.